The classroom teacher creates an engaging, nurturing and safe learning environment that allows students to develop their physical, social, and emotional wellbeing; providing instruction in academics, future ready skills, knowledge, and dispositions to be compassionate, lifelong-learners, and contributing citizens in a rapidly changing world.
- ND Teaching License with appropriate qualifications to teach grades secondary physical education, or ability to obtain licensure.
- Bachelor's degree in physical education, or area of similar study.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students, colleagues and the school community.
- Ability to work well with others, resolve controversy and conflict through respectful negotiation, and accept constructive feedback.
- Strong communication skills to facilitate connection and sharing of thoughts and ideas in multiple formats with diverse audiences.
- Ability to reason, interpret, and analyze information to generate new knowledge and understanding.
- Adept at problem-solving, resilient when faced with challenges, and skilled in planning and organization.
- Experience working, including substitute teaching, in a high school setting preferred.
- Travel may be required between buildings.
The West Fargo Public School District is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment in all employment and educational programs, activities, and facilities. The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, or other status protected by law.