Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' physical skills and abilities, strength, agility, poise, coordination, and teamwork; to develop students' understanding of the importance of exercise to physical and mental well-being; and to motivate students to work towards, physical fitness, hygiene, and good health.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Health and Physical Education certification.
- Active and valid Pennsylvania teaching certificate.
- Prior teaching experience while not required may be preferred.
- An understanding of the latest instructional strategies.
- Valid clearances dated within one year.
- Develops and administers Physical Education and Health classes consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Teaches knowledge of, and develops skills and abilities in health, physical fitness, coordination and agility, exercise, and sports,
- Develops students' concepts in leadership, teamwork, responsibility and social skills; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and appropriate feedback to regarding student progress, expectations, and goals.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student growth and progress in physical educational activities, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.