To plan, organize and implement a classroom learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop a lifetime of fitness. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal.
- Has a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a major in Health and/or Physical Education.
- Has a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with the following endorsement(s): MX or MA and
- Meets highly qualified status for the assignment as required by NCLB.
- Knowledge of Michigan Physical Education Standards.
- Has demonstrated experience working with middle high school students preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a collaborative and effective working relationship with others.
- Ability to read and interpret professional literature and reports.
- Reliable, regular, and punctual on-site attendance is required to perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of a teacher.
- Take all necessary precautions to provide for the health and safety of students and to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Develop and implement engaging lesson plans to facilitate active student learning. Translate lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities. Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities. Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of individual students; and use the information to adjust teaching strategies.