This position is accountable for assuming the responsibility for delivering high quality instructional experience through creativity, resourcefulness and sound judgment consistent with the curriculum frameworks, standards and the rules and regulations of the Worcester Public Schools.
- Responsible for remaining up to date regarding curriculum content.
- Responsible for effective planning and assessment of curriculum and instruction.
- Responsible for mentoring students’ understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusting instruction, materials, or assessments, when appropriate.
- Responsible for effective management of classroom environment.
- Responsible for effective instruction, which includes making learning goals clear to the students, using appropriate instructional and questioning techniques.
- Responsible for using innovative approaches, and instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, to increase student learning and confidence to learn.
- Responsible for the promotion of high standards and expectations for student achievement.
- Teaching experience in the content area.
- Demonstrated experience supporting students with special needs.
- Ability to speak Albanian, Arabic, Nepali, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese, or an African Language.
- Experience teaching students who are English language learners.
- Demonstrated experience with second language acquisition.