DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides a safe, positive learning environment for students.
- Communicates with any and all staff who work with students.
- Communicates with parents as per school guidelines on a regular basis.
- Identifies and provides long term and short term objectives for the academic, physical, social and emotional needs of children in planning their educational needs.
- Effectively meets the objectives of the Norwich Board of Education Curriculum, District Strategic Plan, and School Improvement Plan.
- Prepares well-planned lessons consistent with goals and objectives of school and district.
- Adapts and revises lesson plans to meet specific student needs, complies with relevant information supports for each student.
- Effectively delivers lessons in a comprehensive way.
- Manages the diverse ability levels of all students and assists students with extra help and seeks out those who need it.
- Maintains order and discipline among students while promoting safety and compliance with school rules and guidelines in a positive and responsive manner.
- Valid CT State Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsement, if applicable.
- Master's Degree Preferred.
- Successful experience as a classroom teacher preferred.