- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill requirements of the district's instruction curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies, and administrative regulations.
- Establish efficient classroom management procedures.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior.
- Establish a system of student evaluation within the guidelines prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district.
- Continually evaluate and record various aspects of students’ progress and report to parents as needed and required.
- Teach within the course of study for the subject area at the grade level as prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district.
- Understand and plan lessons leading to subject area objectives and assume the responsibility for written lesson plans for substitutes.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
- Valid Texas teacher certificate with required endorsements for subject and subject level assigned.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks, duties, and procedures and the ability to follow specific instructions with little or no previous experience.
- Demonstrated flexibility to cope with the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
- Demonstrated willingness to remain current with the latest developments in the profession.