DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, organize, instruct, and evaluate physical education and health activities for assigned grade levels.
- Instruct assigned class using curriculum and texts approved by school administration.
- Prepare and submit lesson plans for the upcoming week to the Principal.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques based on the curriculum and students’ abilities.
- Develop instructional lesson plan and organize class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, working time, and practice time as appropriate.
- Develop a strategy to integrate health and physical education into the curriculum.
- Motivate students in learning and healthy lifestyles.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly and productive study environment.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Knowledge of school organization, functions, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of elementary education.
- Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to be sensitive and receptive to the unique needs of school aged Native American students.
- Ability to motivate students to perform to their fullest potential.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict timelines.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.