- Planning a college preparatory curriculum that combines the school’s standards, New York State Standards, and, most importantly, fosters critical thinking, and physical literacy.
- Executing thoughtful, rigorous daily college preparatory lessons.
- Assessing student progress, and communicating results to students, families, and colleagues.
- Providing individual and small group instruction until all students achieve mastery.
- Modeling the school’s values in all communications with students, families, and staff.
- Advising a small group of students to success through their four years of high school.
- Experience and interest in coaching high school sports highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills that contribute to a collegial working environment and a healthy measure of the character traits we value: zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude and a sense of humor.
- At least two years of teaching experience strongly preferred.
- New York State teacher certification in the appropriate content area.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture.
- A strong desire to become a better teacher by joining the KIPP NYC team and family.
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.