To provide each student with the help, counsel, and learning experience he needs to make progress toward educational goals established. To create a flexible instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to live a rewarding life in an ever-changing world.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials. Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicates these objectives to the students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss student’s progress and interprets the school program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and through self-selected professional growth activities.
- Licensure in K-12 PE and Health required. HIGHLY QUALIFIED status in health required.
- Previous experience as a middle school PE/Health teacher preferred.