- Teaches wellness/physical education and health classes.
- Promotes school health/wellness, health awareness activities (both curricular and extracurricular) for students, staff, and parents.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the subject matter and the pedagogy it requires by engaging students in learning experiences that enable them to acquire complex knowledge and skills in the subject.
- Demonstrates knowledge of developmental levels of students and the different ways students learn by providing differentiated learning experiences to enable all students to progress toward meeting intended outcomes.
- Designs units of instruction with measurable outcomes and challenging tasks requiring higher-order thinking skills that enable students to learn the knowledge and skills defined in state standards/local curricula.
- Must be certified by the Massachusetts Department of Education in Physical Education (covering grades 9-12) and Health/Family and Consumer Sciences (covering grades 9-12).
- Bachelor’s or higher earned academic degree.
- Successful teaching experience preferred.
- SEI endorsement a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish and/or Portuguese) a plus.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent of Schools may find appropriate and acceptable.
It is the policy of the Marlborough Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, and sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices.