DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, prepares and delivers instruction that facilitates active learning and provides for appropriate learning experiences for all students.
- Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Manages student behavior by establishing and enforcing classroom school and district expectations and procedures.
- Assigns and grades class work, homework, assessments, and assignments.
- Establishes, communicates, monitors and evaluates clear outcomes for students.
- Communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Develops, selects, and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of children.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Hold or be eligible for a teaching certificate from the Maryland State Department of Education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate with students, school staff, families/caregivers and other stakeholders.
- Proficient with instructional technology and Microsoft Office Suite.
The Board of Education of Harford County does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry/national origin, color, disability, pregnancy, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.