What you will be working on:
- Teach physical education course(s) as the instructor of record. Classes may include, but are not limited to: yoga, Pilates, barre, weight training, circuit training, walking for fitness, martial arts, or sports (team or individual).
- Collaborate with other faculty to support the program and its goals.
- Assess student work to ensure students understand and demonstrate safe and appropriate techniques, movements, and activities to improve and enhance their physical fitness and/or personal health.
- Make recommendations for equipment replacement, upgrades, or purchases, as needed.
- Other duties include attentiveness and responsiveness over email, being available for student meetings, some course and curriculum development, participation in division activities and other professional responsibilities as specified.
What you bring as a candidate:
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to teach a form of physical education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field or related field from an accredited institution.
- Certified training and/or workforce experience in the field or related field. (Please read the position announcement carefully when applying for possible part-time teaching positions, to find those that best match your education and experience.)
- An understanding that access to and engagement in physical activity are issues of equity, health, and wellness.
- An understanding of the goals and role of the community college.
- A demonstrated commitment to working within a college community that is diverse and serves students from a broad spectrum of socioeconomic and academic backgrounds.
Seattle Colleges is committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and employees who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.