- Provide for instructional needs and interests of students with the aid of appropriate and effective daily lesson planning.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and where classroom time is utilized effectively.
- Demonstrate the use of a variety of teaching techniques and the use of a variety of instructional resources and materials to implement approved curriculum.
- Use evaluation effectively to promote student growth and development intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Demonstrate fair, firm, and consistent behavior towards students and promote self-discipline among students.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and positive interpersonal relations with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of school system goals and objectives by following school board policies and administrative procedures.
- Assist administration and other staff members in reaching the mission for the school by applying ethical standards in professional relationships.
- Knowledge and use of culturally responsive practices.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Capability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.