- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the learner.
- Be able to develop an appropriate learning environment with effective classroom management.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Be able use effective instructional methods.
- Demonstrate ability to organize and plan the instructional program.
- Demonstrate skills in evaluating the instructional program and student progress.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate willingness to grow professionally.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject area.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and Tennessee teaching license with appropriate endorsement (418, 419).
- Teaching experience preferred.