- Greet visitors and ensure reception area creates a welcoming environment;
- Ensure efficient execution of administrative procedures and processes central to the department;
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for information and refer to other resources as appropriate;
- Manage calendars, itineraries, contacts and correspondence of department;
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers;
- Assist with onboarding new employees; and
- Maintain adequate office supplies and other material required for the operation of the department, which may include researching services and pricing, processing quotes, creating PO's and requisitions and submitting for timely payment.
- A minimum of one year of administrative experience with progressive responsibilities is required.
- A detail-oriented approach is required.
- Must be able to schedule and coordinate banquets and other events.
- Must be able to work well in a high foot traffic area.
- Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities are crucial.
- Must have solid judgment and be capable of strong communication and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, department servicing students, staff, and community members.
- Solid skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite as well as the ability to cull and consolidate data for reports. Demonstrated Google suite experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and high regard for detail are required.
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law.