The job of Teacher was established for the purpose/s of facilitating student success in academic and interpersonal skills through academic courses of study and by implementing district approved curriculum, documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific needs of students; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Assesses student progress, expectations, goals, etc. for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Directs instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through a defined course of study.
- Bachelor's degree in job related area.
- Valid Teaching Certificate in Content/Grade area.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.