Under general supervision, plans, organizes and presents instruction and instructional environments which help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides learning experiences and teaches the course of study prescribed by the District approved curriculum.
- Develops and uses instructional materials suitable for verbal and/or visual instruction of students with a wide range of mental, physical and emotional maturity.
- Provides individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs and motivate students.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student control required to achieve effective participation in all activities.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students and keeps appropriate records.
- Provides appropriate instruction and activities for students to meet school/district policies, goals, and objectives.
- Communicates with parents through a variety of means.
- Holds parent conferences to discuss the individual student’s progress and interprets the school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage instructional time.
- Ability to manage student behavior.
- Ability to consult with parents, teachers and the community to enhance the learning of students.
- Ability to monitor student performance.
- Ability to interact within the educational environment.
- Ability to perform non-instructional duties as assigned.