Under general supervision assists students in learning content and/or skills that will ensure effective development as college and career ready adults.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cooperates in developing a program of continuous progress consistent with District goals and objectives to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Keeps abreast of changes in District policies and students’ needs and interests.
- Follows and employs the District’s Instructional Framework to ensure delivery of quality instruction to all students in support of student academic achievement. To include:
- Establishes clear and appropriate objectives for all classroom activities and communicates these objectives to students.
- Develops lesson plans, instructional materials, establishes standards-based long/short range goals for students. Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Plans, establishes, and maintains procedures for managing pupils’ behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere and to maximize instructional time.
- Uses a variety of formal and informal assessments to guide instruction and provide feedback during instruction.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Valid SC Teaching Certificate for subject area as required by South Carolina Department of Education.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures and instructional manuals.
- Ability to design and write professional development plans, reports and data entry procedures.
- Ability to effectively present professional development and training and respond to questions from groups of educators, trainees, media, administrators and organization members.