Creating and implementing flexible strategies in a classroom environment favorable to student learning and personal growth; to promote healthy habits that will serve and motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge for an effective educational foundation in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Degree(s) from an accredited college or university.
- South Carolina Teacher Certification in appropriate area.
- Prior job experience preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as district administration may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Teaches knowledge and skills utilizing standard courses of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student, to the extent feasible.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Assesses accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports to principal, parents, and district as required.
- Maintains attendance records on each student taught as required.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.