Teaching at Breakthrough Public Schools is a rewarding experience where dedicated staff work to impact our 3,600 students across 12, tuition free, schools serving grades K-8. Each day we continue our work to build equitable, anti-racist environments, and cultures in our schools where scholars and adults can grow and thrive. Since teachers play such an important role in student achievement, we provide opportunities for teachers to grow as professionals and build leadership skills to expand their impact in the classroom, within their school, or the Breakthrough network.
- Support the school's mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies toward students, parents/guardians, and coworkers.
- Design and effectively deliver developmentally appropriate curriculum and instruction which reflects observations and goals of individual children.
- Establish a classroom culture of high expectations that includes college preparation for all students.
- Work with the faculty and school leadership to frequently examine student data for ongoing refinement of instruction and assessment.
- Share best practices with other teachers and collaborate with them to improve instructional and assessment practices.
- Facilitate regular parent/guardian communications and conferences to discuss student progress.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL BREAKTHROUGH TEACHER:
- Passionate about urban education and our mission.
- Highly qualified in the content area and/or grade level.
- Uses data to drive instruction.
- Maintain a professional attitude.
- Receptive to feedback and desire to grow professionally.
- Has the work ethic and desire to go above and beyond.
- Highly organized.
Breakthrough Schools is an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.