To create and sustain an educational environment conducive to the fulfillment of the District’s Mission so that maximum positive impact on the education of children can be realized. A teacher is responsible for planning, organizing, and delivering instruction based on the approved curriculum and Common Core State Standards to help students move towards academic proficiency.
1. Must be eligible or hold State of Delaware Certification as a Physical Education and Health Teacher K-12.
2. Bachelor’s degree or Master degree
3. Student Teaching.
4. Proficient in Technology, Microsoft Office Applications, Children’s Educational Software etc.
5. Demonstrates sensitivity to issues impacting various cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic groups.
6. Show evidence of knowledge regarding practices known to be effective in promoting student learning while shows evidence of knowledge while increasing student achievement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Delivers instruction based on the general education Curriculum and Delaware Common Core State Standards
2. Develops weekly lesson plans that contain all the required components.
3. Provides differentiated instruction based on the student’s individual level of functioning and preferred learning modalities.
4. Keep accurate records, tests, reports, etc. as required.
5. Maintain good rapport and communication with students, school personnel, and parents.