St. Francis of Assisi School in Northeast Baltimore seeks qualified candidates to serve as a part-time (2 days per week) Physical Education Teacher. The Phys. Ed. Teacher is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate program for students that complies with all mandated state and Archdiocesan policies and procedures. St. Francis of Assisi is an approved International Baccalaureate World School offering the Middle Years Program.
- Plan and implement engaging developmentally appropriate lessons, including those for a Middle School setting in line with the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program.
- Observe and assess student progress, recording such progress and sharing with parents as required by school policy. Fill out report cards each trimester including notes about each child.
- Develop procedures for inside and outside the classroom.
- Maintain familiarity with all emergency procedures and protocol.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Exercise, Science or related field.
- MSDE certification, preferred.
- Basic understanding of Catholic School philosophy, goals and objectives; practicing Catholic preferred.
- Basic understanding or willingness to learn about International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program goals and philosophy.