This position is part of the Cheyenne Eagle Butte School, Bureau of Indian Education. As a Teacher (Physical Education) you will be responsible for serving as a classroom teacher in a BIE school on or near the Reservation. The instruction area(s) will normally be specialized subjects in a middle school or high school setting.
- Prepare yearly instructional outlines and related daily lesson plans covering relevant units of study and specifying objectives, activities and evaluative methods/instruments for both group and individual instructional programs.
- Teach students by selecting, developing, adapting and implementing appropriate instructional methods and techniques utilizing available resources to provide for academic achievement.
- Continuously evaluate individual and group academic progress through the use of criterion-referenced tests, periodic standardized tests, oral tests, and/or other relevant evaluative methods/instruments.
- Develop and conduct instruction within an environment that provides and promotes opportunities for the students to develop rapport, inter-relationships, self-discipline and a positive self-image.
- Maintain control of assigned class(es) and handle discipline independently except for chronic or extreme behavior problems.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements contained in the approved job category for P.L. 95-561 described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.