To promote pupils' safety, wellness, health maintenance, and physical fitness, and to provide pupils with an understanding of the relationship of a healthy body to healthy behaviors. To promote academic, social, and citizenship development through leadership and classroom supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design lessons with an appropriate level of difficulty that provide content in a logical and sequential manner.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media, consistent with the physical limitations of the classroom and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Identify pupil needs and provide instruction appropriate to those needs.
- Analyze and interpret student data to develop and modify instructional activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong background in teaching methods, developmentally appropriate classroom activities, and effective classroom management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject matter and effective teaching methods.
- Strong background in curriculum and the Idaho Core Standards.
- Strong background in the integration of technology with instruction.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
Nampa School District #131 is an equal opportunity employer/educator with an alcohol, drug and tobacco free environment, and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.