- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and working time.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing the course of study adopted by the School Board, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Teaches an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; cultivates physical fitness, hygienic habits, and good social and emotional adjustment; develops talents of students in physical achievement, strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination, in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Provides substantial supervision of students.
- Provides for safe storage and maintains control and use of school-owned property.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Must hold current State of Maine certification with endorsement 510 and have approved Maine CHRC at time of hire.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.
Windham Raymond School District, RSU#14 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.