The Physical Education Teacher will be directly responsible to the building principal for all matters pertaining to the operation of the school plan, in-building administrative and personnel procedures, and general or district-wide policies. He/she will be indirectly responsible to the Director of Secondary Education for all matters pertaining to curriculum, instructional methods, assessment and materials.
- Provide a personalized instructional program that is compatible with the abilities, needs and learning characteristics of each student;
- Implement prescribed curriculum;
- Create a child-centered learning environment that is characterized by the consistent application of sound mental health and educational psychology practices;
- Follow prescribed curriculum, instructional methods and materials;
- Employ creative methods of instruction and utilize a variety of materials within the structure of the designated curriculum;
- Become acquainted with the characteristics, needs, abilities and problems of each child through personal interaction and by seeking information from psycho-educational reports, hearing and vision reports, staffing notes, end-of-the-year student status reports, etc.;
- Inform the Academic Chair whenever a student's attendance is unsatisfactory;
- Supply the Academic Chair with any abnormal attendance reports on any student.
Waukegan Community Unit School District 60 offers employment opportunities without regard to age, gender, gender identity, race, color, national origin, religion, marital or military/veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetics, disability or other protected category.