Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and provides appropriate learning experiences for students
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of individuals to ensure Success for Every Student.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and communicates these objectives to students and parents
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor
- Monitors and evaluates student outcomes.
- Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Instructional techniques.
- Assessment techniques.
- Differentiated instruction techniques.
- Managing classroom procedures and behaviors.
- Organizes physical space to create a safe, accessible, and resource-rich environment.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- RTI (Response to intervention).
Licensure/ Certificate Requirements:
- Valid RI Teaching License in Physical Education/Health Pre-K- 12.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Pawtucket School Department is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.