Responsible for instructing secondary level students in appropriate subject areas as they relate to physical education and in coordination with current curriculum and within the framework of District and state content standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with content teams to adapt Health and Wellness curriculum to students to provide lifelong fitness and healthy lifestyle opportunities.
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms, dance, team sports and other related activities as adopted by the district curriculum guidelines.
- Collaborate with staff to provide quality and adaptive programming for Special Education Students with IEP's.
- Analyze, demonstrate and explain basic skills, knowledge's and strategies of formal sports, games and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provide appropriate safety instruction and make safety checks on equipment and field areas to insure the over-all safety of students.
- Maintain all school owned property and equipment.
- Communicate with parents or other school personal on student progress.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Normal routine levels of activity related to standing, walking and sitting for the majority of the day; While performing the duties of this the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; squat, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch; and climb or balance.
- The employee occasionally be required to lift, pull, push, and carry weights up to 10 lbs.
- Vision demands include the ability to adjust focus, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), and distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more.)
The Jefferson County School District does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, pregnancy, or gender.