- Valid State of Iowa teaching license, required.
- 5-12 Physical Education endorsement, required.
- Previous classroom teaching experience at the 8/ 9th grade level, preferred.
- The ability to utilize pedagogically appropriate/best practice instructional methods designed to prepare all students to achieve higher standards and become lifelong learners.
- Preference is given to a teacher with the ability to demonstrate how to differentiate instruction, how to utilize assessments and data to guide instruction, the Workshop Model and experience with aligning the intent of the Iowa Core to a 21st Century classroom.
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth and development as described in the Iowa Professional Development Standards and support of the Iowa Teaching Standards as the foundation from which to build that ongoing growth plan.
- Implement the use of the district framework to meet the needs of all students and other curricular-specific expectations.
- Create and maintain healthy relationships with students.
Waukee Community School District is an equal opportunity employer.