The teacher will facilitate learning for ResponsiveEd students in order to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. The teacher enables and works with parents and students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Passion for and strong knowledge of the instructional academic content.
- Ability to model virtue, teach virtue through the curriculum, and cultivate habits of virtue in students.
- Understanding of and passion for classical education.
- Ability to learn and implement classical teaching curricula and methods.
- Ability to maintain a classroom of approximately 20-27 students.
- Ability and patience to work interactively with students.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare effective lessons, instruct, and motivate students in all course study utilizing classical traditional methods of instruction.
- Assign lessons and correct classwork and homework in a timely manner.
- Administer formative and summative assessments to evaluate student progress, record results, and issue reports to inform parents of progress.
- Provide academic interventions for struggling students.
- Maintain student grades and student-parent communication via the school’s online grading and communication tool.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom.