This position reports to and is evaluated by the site principal. Elementary teachers create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for middle school education, in accordance with each student’s ability; and establishes good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Has the ability to use current technology to enhance instruction.
- Has the ability to use technology for record-keeping and research.
- Applies knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program.
The Anchorage School District is an equal employment opportunity employer.