Responsible for instructing secondary level students in appropriate subject areas as they relate to physical education and in coordination with current curriculum and within the framework of District and state content standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with content teams to adapt Health and Wellness curriculum to students to provide lifelong fitness and healthy lifestyle opportunities.
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms, dance, team sports and other related activities as adopted by the district curriculum guidelines.
- Collaborate with staff to provide quality and adaptive programming for Special Education Students with IEP's.
- Analyze, demonstrate and explain basic skills, knowledge's and strategies of formal sports, games and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provide appropriate safety instruction and make safety checks on equipment and field areas to insure the over-all safety of students.
- Maintain all school owned property and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree with proper teaching licensure program required.
- Classroom experience in instructing students is preferred.
- Valid Colorado teaching license or authorization with appropriate endorsements.
- CPR and First Aid certifications as required.