To facilitate student achievement by helping students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence (lesson plan) of preparation upon request of administrator.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Proficient in preparing rigorous, interactive, exciting, and informative lesson plans
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Desktop Publisher and database management.
- Able to work effectively with colleagues, parents, administrators, etc.
- Superior interpersonal skills to facilitate an excellent educational experience for students in a high energy/stress environment.
- Discretion and confidentiality with an awareness of all District requirements and Board of Education Policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed.§ Must be self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.