High School Teacher
Bartlett High School
Physical educators in School District U-46 are dedicated to the delivery of a daily standardsbased K-12 Physical Education curriculum for all students; provide students with the knowledge, skills and confidence in movement necessary to empower students to achieve and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle and understand the certifications, education and job opportunities aligned within the health and wellness career pathways.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
1. Displays a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
2. Able to analyze, demonstrate, and explain basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
3. Able to evaluate each pupil’s growth in physical skills, knowledge, and contribution in the subject area.
4. Teaching experience preferred but not necessary for hire.
1. Bachelor's Degree with major or minor in Physical Education.
2. Illinois Teaching Certificate.
3. Ellis Lifeguard Trainer Certification required to teach the Lifeguard Certification and Leadership Course.