The physical education teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students. Develops and promotes good relations among community and school clientele.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of content area, teaching methods, learning styles and educational research related to elementary learners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scope and the sequence of a physical education and/or health education curriculum.
- Ability to align curriculum and assessments with state physical education and/or health content standards.
- Strong classroom management, communication, organization and planning skills.
- Positively impact achievement and differentiate instruction based on the needs of the students by supporting programs designed to increase student achievement.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills through collaborative work with students, teachers, parents and administrators.
- Hold a valid Colorado teaching license with a physical education endorsement.
- Hold or willing to obtain certifications in WSI, CPR, LGI and AED.
- Proficiency in using technology.