- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets with the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students. Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Supervises students in order to protect the students from conditions harmful to learning and/or to the student's mental and/or physical health and/or safety. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, District policy and administrative regulation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of subject content.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software skills.
- Ability to plan and implement a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Ability to devote additional hours beyond the workday for grading papers, preparation of lesson plans, etc.
- Ability to manage students.