- Responsible for remaining up to date regarding curriculum content.
- Responsible for effective planning and assessment of curriculum and instruction.
- Responsible for mentoring students’ understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusting instruction, materials, or assessments, when appropriate.
- Responsible for effective management of classroom environment.
- Responsible for effective instruction, which includes making learning goals clear to the students, using appropriate instructional and questioning techniques.
- Responsible for using innovative approaches, and instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, to increase student learning and confidence to learn.
- Responsible for the promotion of high standards and expectations for student achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution;
- Hold a valid Massachusetts Teaching License in Physical Education (5-12) AND/OR Health/Family and Consumer Science;
- Hold a valid Massachusetts SEI Endorsement OR Grade-level appropriate ESL License;
- Meet all state and federal guidelines in order to be fully licensed and Highly Qualified;
- Current authorization to work in the United States - Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment.
Southbridge Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, religion, age, or sexual orientation.