Under occasional supervision, performs specialized work in instructing and directing the activities of students in assigned class to provide a well-organized, smoothly functioning classroom environment. Reports to the assigned school principal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meets and instructs assigned classed in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, and in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree and valid South Carolina teaching certificate for the appropriate teaching level.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.