- Provide an active, developmentally appropriate and differentiated PE program with an emphasis on physical activity, development of motor skills, and delivery of a diverse program that helps students develop skills in a broad-range of sports and activities
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, and individual, dual, or team sports.
- Supervise safety of pupils in out-of-classroom activities.
- Analyze, demonstrate, and explain basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports, games, health/nutrition, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provide appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to insure the overall safety of pupils.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required; Masters degree preferred.
- Elementary and/or Middle School teaching experience preferred.
- Hold NYS certification or working towards certification is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the USA.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.