Sheridan High School is seeking a Physical Education Teacher who has experience working with second language learners and at-risk populations. The physical education teacher position includes responsibilities such as planning, organizing and delivering lessons consistent with the physical education curriculum of their students' grade level and physical ability level.
- Hold an endorsement and authorization level in the subject area appropriate for assignment.
- Pass an approved content exam in subject area.
- Hold 36 semester hours in assigned subject area.
- Apply principles of teaching/learning to enhance student achievement.
- Utilize teaching methods that are appropriate for the objectives and learners.
- Modify instruction to meet student needs.
- Communicate effectively with learners.
- Provide for and maintain student involvement during instruction.