ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates lesson plans, aligned with Iowa Core Curriculum and district standards and advances the Sustinability theme, which drives instruction through formative assessment, Project Based Learning, and differentiation in a non-traditional elementary setting.
- Effectively works with the building and district level Professional Learning Community to drive improved student learning and engagement through innovative teaching practices.
- Differentiates and integrates instruction to support students’ needs and achievement of academic goals.
- Provides active communication and positive relationships with parents and community members.
- Assists in planning and delivery of social/emotional/behavioral school-wide programming.
- Assists and collaborates with the principal, school counselor, staff, parents and students on matters pertaining to teaching and learning.
- Believes that all children can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our children and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all children.
- Applies the principles of continuous improvement through the use of quality tools and processes.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won’t shy from today’s educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a track record of success.
The Cedar Rapids Community School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.