The Physical Education Teacher encourages physical activity and athleticism while keeping in mind the Montessori curriculum during the regular school year and Summer Discovery School. The Physical Education Teacher is responsible for teaching skills and activities that transfer into physical activity outside of class. This is a part-time position of approximately 3-4 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively organizes space, equipment and students for maximum activity.
- Coordinates student activities and provides adequate equipment to allow all children to be active at the same time.
- Encourages and motivates children to be active through teaching children how to lead an active lifestyle and leading by example.
- Monitors all children during physical activities to ensure their safety, health, and well-being.
- Assists in creating an exciting and challenging learning environment, using the Montessori pedagogy, for all children.
- Attends Open Houses, Parent Tours, and student conferences as requested by the Lead Teacher or School Director.
- 2 years' experience in a Montessori school or equivalent physical education experience.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Certification in CPR, First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogen training required within 30 days of employment.