Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' physical skills and abilities; to develop students' understanding of the importance of exercise related to physical, mental, and social well-being; and to motivate students to work towards, physical fitness, proper hygiene, and good health.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Develops and administers Physical Education classes consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Teaches knowledge of, and develops skills and abilities in motor skills and individual and teamwork activities; concepts related to health, physical fitness, and the value of physical activity for a lifetime.
- Develops students' concepts in leadership, teamwork, responsibility and social skills; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and appropriate feedback to regarding student progress, expectations, and goals.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student growth and progress in physical educational activities, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Kansas State Certification as a Physical Education Teacher.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Master’s Degree preferred.