- Bachelor's degree required.
- Valid Colorado Teaching License.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, and staff.
- Demonstrates organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the subject matter assigned, classroom management, best practices and strategies, students' learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shall be knowledgeable about strategies, planning practices, assessment techniques and appropriate accommodations to ensure student learning in a standards-based classroom.
- Elementary teacher is knowledgeable in literacy and mathematics and other core content areas.
- Secondary school teacher is knowledgeable in literacy and mathematics and an expert in their content endorsement area.
- Shall enhance content instruction with a thorough understanding of District and State content standards.
- Integrate literacy into content area instruction.
- Knowledgeable about classroom practice in order to successfully facilitate the learning environment, manage time, communications, and record keeping procedures that will support and enhance student learning.
- Communicates with students, families, and colleagues concerning student academic and behavioral progress.