To promote pupils' safety, wellness, health maintenance, and physical fitness, and to provide pupils with an understanding of the relationship of a healthy body to healthy behaviors. To promote academic, social, and citizenship development through leadership and classroom supervision.
- Prepare for assigned classes,
- Design lessons with an appropriate level of difficulty that provide content in a logical and sequential manner.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media, consistent with the physical limitations of the classroom and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Identify pupil needs and provide instruction appropriate to those needs.
- Analyze and interpret student data to develop and modify instructional activities.
- Follow modifications and accommodations as specified in Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Implement the Idaho Core Standards, as well as the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives, in lesson plans, classroom instruction, unit planning, and assessments.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Idaho Teacher Certification in Elementary Education or Physical Education K/12.
- Highly Qualified Teacher per the standard set forth by the Nampa School District.
- Bachelor degree required and area of major study.
- Teaching or student teaching at appropriate grade level.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.