The Secondary Physical Education Teacher will provide a rigorous academic environment that actively engages students; incorporates best educational practices; creates an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity and addresses the needs of all learners and supports the social/emotional development of the students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates students’ learning in correlation with the Illinois Learning Standards
- Communicates the essential questions to clarify the learning goals for each lesson.
- Configures lessons and selects instructional strategies with the intent of ensuring that all students can answer a lesson’s essential question by its conclusion.
- Designs daily lessons incorporate Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, and/or Reading (WICOR) to ensure authentically rigorous learning experiences for all students.
- Designs lessons to include three or more unique learning tasks for students, at least one of which includes whole-class verbal participation.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents, and administration.
- Demonstrates the ability to individually assess and monitor the students’ skills.
- Creates and nurtures supportive, student-centered classroom communities that promote personal empowerment, academic growth, and social-emotional well-being of all learners.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate a record of effectiveness in their own teaching.
- Must have excellent planning and organization skills.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills.