The Teacher creates and sustains a community of learners through the development of a positive classroom and school culture, by holding rigorous and high expectations for students and by utilizing quality instructional practices matched to student learning needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in professional development, maintains appropriate certification and qualifications and keeps current in changing pedagogy.
- Participates in collegial conversations surrounding student achievement on a regular basis, influencing individual, grade, and/or department instruction based on collective examination of student performance.
- Teaches district-approved curriculum, as well as local and state standards, using contemporary thinking around best-practices and program-specific objectives.
- Participates in district and school initiatives, adheres to building and district school improvement plans.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a positive, engaging classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriately responds to the maturity level and interest of the students.
- Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior.
- Proactively teaches appropriate behavior and expectations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s or higher degree.
- Valid Michigan teacher's certificate with necessary endorsement(s) to teach assigned subject matter required. Specifically, Physical Education (MB) K-5 required.
- Educational experience preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.