To create a flexible instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students assigned to the classroom, to motivate pupils to develop attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with other staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Maintains a safe environment for students, conducive to learning.
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified by District policy.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Task analyzes and translates lessons into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Models lessons for students.
- Uses effective Classroom Management techniques.
- Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Valid K-8 Arizona Teaching Certificate.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.