Atlanta Classical Academy seeks a full-time Physical Education Teacher and Coach. Physical education teachers are expected to demonstrate high moral character and subject matter mastery. Teachers are expected to work collaboratively to create a working and learning environment for all students that is safe, secure, and respectful.
- Creates physical education curriculum with an emphasis on effort and attitude.
- Plans physical education program to promote development of student's physical attributes and social skills.
- Coordinates individual and team sports for students (grade 7+).
- Organizes, leads, instructs, and referees indoor and outdoor games, such as volleyball, baseball, and basketball.
- Coordinates individuals or groups in beginning or advanced calisthenics, gymnastics, or corrective exercises, determining type and level of difficulty of exercises, corrections needed and prescribed movements, applying knowledge of sports, physiology, and corrective techniques.
- May select, store, order, issue, and inventory equipment, materials, and supplies used in physical education program.
- Assists in the evaluation of the wellness policy implementation.
- Assists with supervision of students in playground.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field.
- Experience working with children in an educational setting.
- Ability to lift a minimum of fifty pounds unassisted required.
- Certification or ability to become certified in First Aid, CPR, and Lifeguard.
- Experience coaching multiple sports or working as a Certified Strength and Conditioning