- Create a learning environment designed to build skill, confidence and a positive cultural and academic identity.
- Research, implement and align curriculum, instructional strategies, and student assessment to the Common Core.
- Develop and track standards, growth and learning goals for each student including use of baseline and progression data, identifying strategies, measures and evidence of progress standards.
- Responsible for planning for and orchestrating academic, social, emotional and cultural identity growth outcomes.
- Collaborate with Science Collaborator and instructional staff to schedule lessons serving all KairosPDX students.
- Collaborate with Science Collaborator to design and implement specific lessons for Community Action Sessions CAS.
- Stay current with new content and information in a rapidly changing environment.
- Hold student outcomes, aspirations, and involvement at the center of plans aimed to increase student growth and achievement.
- Teach and manage a classroom with approximately 20-40 students.
- Discipline students in a fair and consistent manner, using clear routines and expectations as well as school approved behavior support techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a classroom.
- At least one or two years of experience teaching in an elementary classroom; three to five years of experience preferred.
- At least one or two years relevant experience working with children from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Training in early education and/or human development, preferred.
- Experience working with children ages 5 to 11, preferred.
- Training and/or experience with at least one special population such as special needs children, Talented and Gifted children, and/or English Language Learners, preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills in managing and interacting with diverse groups of stakeholders.